click to listen
Being a leader takes a lot more than just telling people what to do. It’s about accountability and impact. As individuals, we are capable of so much more than we could even imagine at times. We are all naturally polar with our personalities, and until we learn to own those sides, we won’t be able to reach our true potential as leaders. We must be whole in order to help others or even help ourselves.
Lolly Daskal joins us this week to discuss her latest book, “The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness.”
THE HERO WARRIOR
“We are all capable of greatness, but some of us do not choose it.”-Lolly Daskal
- If you’re influencing or impacting someone, you are a leader.
- The way to show up to be a leader is to lead from within.
- We are always in a leadership role!
- Position yourself to receive.
- Truth tellers stand in their greatness.
- You have a choice in every moment.
- What you don’t own, owns you.
- In order to be who you want to be, you have to own both sides of who you are.
- Which polarity will you stand in? Your greatness, or your gaps.
Of Lolly’s many awards and accolades, Lolly was designated a Top-50 Leadership and Management Expert by Inc. magazine. Huffington Post honored Lolly with the title of The Most Inspiring Woman in the World. Her writing has appeared in HBR, Inc.com, Fast Company (Ask The Expert), Huffington Post, and Psychology Today, and others. Her newest book, The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness has become a national bestseller.