Everything you need to know about life and leadership you can learn from Noah’s ark:
- Don’t miss the boat.
- Remember that we are all in the same boat.
- Plan ahead.
- It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
- Stay fit: when you are 60 years old, someone may ask you do something really big.
- Don’t listen to critics; just get with the job that needs to be done.
- Build your future on high ground.
- For safety’s sake, travel in pairs
- Speed isn’t always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
- When you are stressed, float awhile.
- Remember, amateurs built the ark, but the Titanic was built by professionals.
- No matter the storm, when you have faith there is always a rainbow waiting.
– Author Unknown
Eventually difficult times come to us all – individually and in our organizations. The storm may be brief and relatively mild or a 40-day deluge.
When things begin going wrong, everyone looks to the leader to set an example.
How do you cope with difficult times?
How will you keep up with occasional setbacks?
It’s difficult for us when we have set backs to face the unknown and it’s hard for an organization to grow and thrive in the face of a storm. But if you can follow the advice of this little piece –have faith, stay afloat, stay connected, build for the future, keep steady on your vision, and stay fit – we will most likely to rise to the occasion.
The practice of life is important. The content of leadership is interesting, and the practice of leading is what we need to honor.
Lead From Within: A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step of surrender to the storms and setbacks.
N A T I O N A L B E S T S E L L E R
The Leadership Gap
What Gets Between You and Your Greatness
After decades of coaching powerful executives around the world, Lolly Daskal has observed that leaders rise to their positions relying on a specific set of values and traits. But in time, every executive reaches a point when their performance suffers and failure persists. Very few understand why or how to prevent it.
Additional Reading you might enjoy:
- 12 Successful Leadership Principles That Never Grow Old
- A Leadership Manifesto: A Guide To Greatness
- How to Succeed as A New Leader
- 12 of The Most Common Lies Leaders Tell Themselves
- 4 Proven Reasons Why Intuitive Leaders Make Great Leaders
- The One Quality Every Leader Needs To Succeed
- The Deception Trap of Leadership
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Of Lolly’s many awards and accolades, Lolly was designated a Top-50 Leadership and Management Expert by Inc. magazine. Huffington Post honored Lolly with the title of The Most Inspiring Woman in the World. Her writing has appeared in HBR, Inc.com, Fast Company (Ask The Expert), Huffington Post, and Psychology Today, and others. Her newest book, The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness is being released by Portfolio May 2017.