The way you start the morning can affect your whole day.
Outside of a few rise-and-shine types, most of us don’t consider it our favorite part of the day–especially if you stayed up late the night before working, worrying, or wondering.
But if you learn how to start your morning right, you can reduce your stress and anxiety and significantly increase your chances of having a satisfying, productive day.
Here are 24 empowering quotes to start your day right and to ease yourself into your day with a positive, motivated, and inspired attitude.
1. Make each day your masterpiece. —John Wooden
2. Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions. —Albert Einstein
3. Someday is not a day of the week. –Denise Brennan-Nelson
4. It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined –Henry James
5. The best revenge is massive success. –Frank Sinatra
6. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra. –Jimmy Johnson
7. All our dreams can come true–if we have the courage to pursue them. –Walt Disney
8. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. –Judy Garland
9. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. –Napoleon Hill
10. It is never too late to be what you might have been. –George Eliot
11. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. –Steve Jobs
12. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. –Steve Jobs
13. Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon
14. Don’t worry about failures; worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try. –Jack Canfield
15. Tough times never last, but tough people do. –Robert Schuller
16. Dream big and dare to fail. –Norman Vaughan
17. You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try. –Beverly Sills
18. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. —Les Brown
19. Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. —Jamie Paolinetti
2o. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. –Confucius
21. Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. –Grandma Moses
22. What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. –Lao Tzu
24. A year from now you may wish you had started today. –Karen Lamb
N A T I O N A L B E S T S E L L E R
THE LEADERSHIP GAP
What Gets Between You and Your Greatness
After decades of coaching powerful executives around the world, Lolly Daskal has observed that leaders rise to their positions relying on a specific set of values and traits. But in time, every executive reaches a point when their performance suffers and failure persists. Very few understand why or how to prevent it.
Additional Reading you might enjoy:
- 12 Successful Leadership Principles That Never Grow Old
- A Leadership Manifesto: A Guide To Greatness
- How to Succeed as A New Leader
- 12 of The Most Common Lies Leaders Tell Themselves
- 4 Proven Reasons Why Intuitive Leaders Make Great Leaders
- The One Quality Every Leader Needs To Succeed
- The Deception Trap of Leadership
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Of Lolly’s many awards and accolades, Lolly was designated a Top-50 Leadership and Management Expert by Inc. magazine. Huffington Post honored Lolly with the title of The Most Inspiring Woman in the World. Her writing has appeared in HBR, Inc.com, Fast Company (Ask The Expert), Huffington Post, and Psychology Today, and others. Her newest book, The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness has become a national bestseller.